Saturday, December 15, 2018

Last Trades of the Year?

My collecting has slowed down a little bit.  I'm pretty busy at work right now and I always slow down a little bit around the holidays.  So this may be it for now.
The Kimbrel card was the first trade.  There is a little bit of a story behind it.  I was supposed to get the regular version instead of the Blue Chip version shown.  But after a couple of weeks of not getting my card, the other party sent me this one to replace it.  I still need the regular version.

The others were all a part of another deal.  Just some random inserts, most of which were on my wantlist. 

Boston has not been terribly active this offseason yet.  They have re-signed postseason heroes Steve Pearce and Nathan Eovaldi.  Joe Kelly signed with the Dodgers and Ian Kinsler signed with the Padres.  The Red Sox still need to shore up their bullpen, including signing a closer.  I kind of hope they bring Andrew Miller back into the fold, if for no other reason than to finally get a Red Sox card.  It sounds more likely that someone like David Robertson will be the new closer.  We will see I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment