Tuesday, May 16, 2017

30 Day Baseball Card Challenge Day 19

DAY 19: A FAVORITE CARD FROM A COUNTRY OTHER THAN THE UNITED STATES
I could have gone the O-Pee-Chee route.  I could have gone the Sega Card-Gen route.  Both of those were considered very strongly.  I decided to go outside the box though and pick this card from Venezuela.  This was my first Sandy Leon card and, at the time, I thought it would be my only one.  No one foresaw what he did last year.  It is still my first Sandy Leon card though.  And it is definitely an unusual addition to my collection.  I have since added a few more Venezuelan cards, but this was the first.

1 comment:

  1. I keep meaning to pick up a few of these Venezuelan cards, but the price keeps scaring me away. There are several Cubs who only appear with the team in these sets. For that reason, I'm sure I'll eventually pull the trigger. They sure do have a unique look to them!

    ReplyDelete