Friday, April 21, 2017

Just a Quick Trade

It is a small trade, but it knocked three more cards off of my wantlist, including my first of the many 2017 Heritage SPs.
1.  2009 Topps Chrome Xfractor John Smoltz.  We start with short-term Red Sox pitcher and Hall of Famer John Smoltz.  Smoltz was pretty much awful in his stint with Boston.

2.  2017 Topps Heritage David Price SP.  The Red Sox have far too many short print cards in this year's Heritage.  Price, Sale, Ortiz, Pedroia, Bogaerts, Betts, and Bradley are all short-printed cards.

3.  2017 Topps Gypsy Queen Purple Xander Bogaerts.  Xander is going to be one of my guys this year I think.  It helps that he is on my fantasy team.

4.  2017 Topps Heritage 1968 Game Card David Ortiz.  I like these cards, but I liked the actual 1968 cards better.  I have all of the Red Sox, which were Carl Yastrzemski, George Scott, and Jim Lonborg.

5.  2017 Topps Heritage Robby Scott/Andrew Benintendi.  This was one of the cards I was most looking forward to from Heritage.  It is the first card of Robby Scott so far, though not likely the last.  Scott is establishing himself as a pretty good lefty out of the pen.  And yes, Benintendi is awesome too.

No comments:

Post a Comment