Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Varitek Printing Plate

I have not been getting too many Varitek cards lately, though he was once the major focus of my collection.  Obviously the fact that he is now retired is a major reason for that.  But recently I was randomly checking out some Ebay auctions and I found this card and had to try for it:
This is the yellow printing plate from 2008 Topps of Varitek.  I have a number of printing plates already of Varitek.  I don't think I am being arrogant when I say that I may have the premier Varitek collection of anyone.  My bat barrel, four MLB logos, and two button cards are proof enough of that.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! I would love to see your full Varitek collection... Please make a post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can see an outdated version here:
      http://redsoxfaninnebraska.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-super-collector-in-me-pt-1-beware.html

      Most of the cards are there. I have gotten some new ones since.

      Delete