Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Jackie Bradley Jr.-Heavy Mailday

I have a strong suspicion that when the dust clears and the defending World Champion Red Sox take the field on Opening Day next season, Jackie Bradley Jr. will be patrolling center field.  With that in mind I have been focusing a bit more on Bradley and other young players I expect to be a major part of the Red Sox future, such as Xander Bogaerts, who was very impressive in the World Series, and Felix Doubront.

This trade got me three new Jackie Bradley Jr. cards, as well as a number of other nice cards.  
1.  2013 Finest Jackie Bradley Jr. RC.  Just the base version.  I am working on the parallels.  I have the Xfractor coming in.

2.  2013 Topps Godl Joel Hanrahan.  I feel bad for Hanrahan.  He came into the season as the new closer, then was ineffective, then was out for the season.  Don't get me wrong, Koji Uehara was awesome when he took over as closer (plus he was on my fantasy team).  Hanrahan would have fit in well with the team.  Just look at that beard.  Now he is a free agent and not likely to come back.

3.  2013 Panini Prizm Jackie Bradley Jr. RC.  I am warming up to the Panini brands.  I still wish they had an MLB license because they would look better with logos.  But I like the Prizm set quite a bit.

4.  2013 Bowman Platinum Cracked Ice Gold Jackie Bradley Jr. RC.  The third new Bradley card brings me up to 16.  Not bad for a player with just 37 games under his belt in the big leagues.

5.  2013 Panini Prizm Carlton Fisk.  I am pretty sure he is actually wearing a White Sox uniform in this picture.  I don't have a lot of basis in believing this, he just looks older in it.

6.  2013 Panini Prizm Mike Napoli.  Napoli is the one free agent I expect will return next season.

7.  2013 Panini Prizm Jacoby Ellsbury.  I just do not feel Ellsbury really wants to come back.  I could be wrong.  But he has never seemed terribly happy in Boston.  Maybe he is just really introverted.  He definitely does not go out of his way to talk to the media like David Ortiz, Dustin Pedroia, Shane Victorino, and others.

8.  2013 Panini Prizm Shane Victorino.  I thought Victorino would be really good in Boston this season.  I did not expect him to be as good as he was

9.  2013 Panini Prizm Dustin Pedroia.  A nice shot of Pedroia bunting.  Not something you see everyday.

If anyone has any nice Jackie Bradley Jr. cards, feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment