Friday, August 23, 2024

Horrific

Beware, this is not a happy post.  I really don't know how collecting will ever be the same for me.  Earlier this week, I discovered rain water had gotten into the area I stored my Red Sox binders.  I would estimate serious damage to about 10-15% of my collection.  There are many cards that I will never be able to extract from the binders.  Among those cards are some cards that I would consider virtually irreplaceable.  I am absolutely devastated.  I feel as if a part of my life has been taken away.  I have spent 30+ years cultivating this collection and now a large chunk is horribly mangled.  I seriously considered ending the collection then and there and thought about simply throwing the damaged binders away.  Rationality won over though.  I never intended to break up my Red Sox collection, now there are parts I simply can't.  I may never completely get over this, but I guess it is no reason to stop and throw in the towel. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your collection loss, water is definitely no friend of a card collector.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, absolutely awful! That's a heartbreaking loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hate hearing this. So sorry that it happened. Hope you are still able to enjoy what was salvageable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that MA. I wish you the absolute best with the salvage efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sucks! I can't even imagine what that must feel like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to read this. I hope there was some successes in the salvage attempt.

    ReplyDelete