Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Bowman Blaster

Taking a break from all of the Connor Wong and Masataka Yoshida posts (I had no idea the last week has been nothing but those two players).  Not that I'm complaining of course.  This is the second Bowman blaster I have bought, the first one produced absolutely nothing interesting.  This was a significantly better break, not just because of the Red Sox, but there were several other intriguing cards pulled that could be used as trade bait.  But that is not what this is about.

Here are the Red Sox:

1.  Brayan Bello.  Bello really looks like he is coming into his own right now.  There have been some hiccups, but he looks like a solid starting pitcher with the chance to develop into a star.

2.  Marcelo Mayer.  Definitely my favorite card from the break.  Mayer has been putting up some great numbers this year and looks like he will start to move quickly through the system.  He is now the number five prospect in all of baseball according to Baseball America.

3.  Rafael Devers.  Of course I pulled a Devers card.  He is now up to 279 in my collection, 21 to go.

4.  Blaze Jordan.  There are a lot of prospects in this set for Boston, and I might have preferred to get a couple of other ones.  I already have a few Jordan cards and Bowman LOVES him.  We will see what happens with him, but I don't see him as much different than Bobby Dalbec at this point.  Maybe I'm wrong.  I would love to be.

1 comment:

  1. I'm convinced Blaze Jordan is in so much stuff because his name is cool.

    ReplyDelete