Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Topps Now: October 10, 2021

I know these things are really out of order.  This is the order I received them.  Anyway, October 10 was Game 3 of the ALDS against the Rays in Fenway Park.  Boston won 6-4, bringing them one win away from winning the ALDS.

1.  Enrique Hernandez.  Hernandez continued his hot hitting in Game 3, tying a postseason record with seven straight hits.

2.  Nathan Eovaldi.  Eovaldi threw five innings, giving up two runs, walking a batter and striking out eight.  He did not figure in the decision.

3.  Nick Pivetta.  This was my first Pivetta card in my collection, so I had to have it.  Pivetta pitched four scoreless innings in relief, scattering three hits and a walk, while striking out seven batters.  Pivetta was a joy to watch in this game as his excitement was infectious.

4.  Christian Vazquez.  Vazquez slammed a walk-off home run in the 13th inning.  It was an incredible moment for the catcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment