Saturday, July 16, 2022

Another Silk Card

I always kind of liked these Topps Silk Collection cards.  They made a big deal about them for a few years about ten years ago, but you do not really see them anymore.  I still track them down occasionally though.  I showed off my Jose Iglesias a few days ago.  Here is my latest:

This Bill Hall is one that I always wanted.  Hall only played the one season for Boston in 2010 and his only cards are variations on his Update card.  That's unfortunate.  I really liked Hall.  He was so versatile that he was my All-Time One-Year Wonder utility player.  He played all three outfield positions, second, third, shortstop and even pitched a game.  Most of the time was split between left field and second base.  Hall played in 119 games, hitting .247/.316/.456 with 18 home runs, 46 RBIs and nine stolen bases.

No comments:

Post a Comment