Saturday, April 23, 2022

I Kind of Like These Uniforms

 

This was my first card with the City Connect uniforms.  When I first saw them, I thought they were kind of a dumb gimmick.  It was a commercial pairing between MLB and Nike and I just did not really see the point.  Besides, the uniforms were a vast difference from the team's traditional appearance.  But once I saw them in use, they kind of grew on me.  The Red Sox wore them quite a bit last year and even went on a bit of a tear at one point down the stretch in them.  Honestly, I kind of like them now.  

3 comments:

  1. What's that, an online throwback card? Seeing the '85 football design with a baseball player is odd.

    I don't like the uniforms and they are a money grab. They admittedly look good, but they are not the RED Sox.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fan of the City uniforms. If the team wants to wear them once a year (like marathon day for Boston), that's fine, but the Chicago teams wore them way too much for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of them, but I'm not a Boston native, so it obviously doesn't connect with me. I'm fine with the occasional usage though.

    ReplyDelete