Sunday, August 2, 2020

10 Box Red Sox Break

I am glad baseball is back, but man, have the Red Sox been disappointing.  After a terrific Opening Day win, it seems like the team just cannot get it together.  So it has been a rough year so far.

Well, today I will be showing my results from a ten box team break from Ebay.  And this one went really well, as you will see.

Up first is a Gypsy Queen box.  I had most of the base cards, except Mookie Betts, so I was not expecting much from it.
Well, I got the Betts card as well as a Rafael Devers insert.  So, this went a bit better than expected.

Next was Bowman.
Here is a nice insert of 2019 second round draft pick Matthew Lugo.  Lugo is the nephew of Carlos Beltran, so some nice family ties to the sport there.  Hopefully ability runs in the family.  And then there is a card of 2017 first round draft pick Tanner Houck, who could make his Major League debut this season if things continue going south for the Red Sox.

Next was a box of Finest.
No base cards here.  The Xander Bogaerts is a refractor parallel.  I love the Finest Duals card here of Devers and Michael Chavis.  It probably would have been better to have Bogaerts instead of Chavis, but since Chavis is the hot(-ish) rookie for Boston, it is not surprising.

Next, I am going to have a scan featuring the results of the next three boxes, which had just base cards.  They were Prizm, Heritage and Select.
I have mentioned before how catcher cards are the best Panini cards, because the equipment covers up the airbrushed team logos.  So this Christian Vazquez is a good-looking card from a good-looking set.  I am having a rough time with Heritage this year.  I still have a few base cards, not to mention short prints, yet to find and I have opened a lot of it.  Select is set up in tiers.  The Chavis and Eduardo Rodriguez are the two Red Sox cards from the lowest tier.  The Bogaerts comes from the next tier.  I did not pull any from the highest tier (of which there is a Vazquez card that I have to find).

Up next was a one-card box from Archives Signature series.  I was obviously not expecting anything from that.  What a surprise then that this was pulled:
Now that is just awesome.  A Vazquez buyback autograph card.  I would have bought something like this on my own.  So this was great.

After that, I figured I had my big pulls from the break.  Then, Topps Tribute was opened.
This is a triple relic of ace Chris Sale.  Surely, now I had my best pulls, right?
Nope, in the final pack of the break came this Bogaerts autograph.  This is the Orange parallel.  This is my first Bogaerts auto.  I was just thinking about buying one since Bogaerts is now the big star on the team. 

There were two other small boxes that were part of the break that did not result in anything for my collection.  I don't remember what they were though.  But this was an awesome break for me.  Two autos, both of whom are favorite players, including a one-card box pull, and then a triple relic. 

2 comments:

  1. It's great feeling when you hit something from a box when you weren't expecting anything at all. Congrats on that Vazquez pull. That had to be a brilliant surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, this is going to be a hard season to watch. It's sad that my only real hope is that the season lasts long enough to reset the team's luxury tax rate...

    ReplyDelete