Saturday, July 6, 2019

Beyond Frustrated

Over the last couple of weeks, I have picked up several blasters.  I have picked up two blasters of Leather and Lumber, two blasters of Stadium Club, a blaster of Prizm, and then a hanger pack of Topps Series 2.  The title of the post alludes to this:
Those are all of the new Red Sox cards I have added from all of those blasters.  Just four cards (there were two duplicates).  Also, you will note that all four are from Topps Series 2.  No Leather and Lumber.  No Stadium Club.  No Prizm.  I did not pull a single Red Sox card from any of those blasters.  Not one.  It is one of my worst cold streaks.  And I'm really annoyed by it.  I know a lot of people that would say just to stop buying packs, but I love the feeling of opening a pack and finding a Red Sox card that I needed.  And I am excited about those cards that I did pull, particularly the Ted Williams insert.  So I will keep opening packs.  The streak has to end somewhere.

Here are the team totals:
NEW YORK YANKEES: 12
NEW YORK METS: 11
LOS ANGELES ANGELS: 10
ATLANTA BRAVES: 9
CLEVELAND INDIANS: 9
LOS ANGELES DODGERS: 9
CHICAGO CUBS: 8
KANSAS CITY ROYALS: 8
MINNESOTA TWINS: 8
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES: 8
CINCINNATI REDS: 7
DETROIT TIGERS: 7
MILWAUKEE BREWERS: 7
TORONTO BLUE JAYS: 7
BOSTON RED SOX: 6
HOUSTON ASTROS: 6
OAKLAND ATHLETICS: 6
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS: 6
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS: 5
SAN DIEGO PADRES: 5
TAMPA BAY RAYS: 5
WASHINGTON NATIONALS: 5
BALTIMORE ORIOLES: 4
MIAMI MARLINS: 4
PITTSBURGH PIRATES: 4
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS: 4
SEATTLE MARINERS: 4
CHICAGO WHITE SOX: 3
COLORADO ROCKIES: 2
TEXAS RANGERS: 1

At least I'm not a Rangers fan.  Yeesh. 

BOSTON RED SOX: 80
ATLANTA BRAVES: 74
LOS ANGELES ANGELS: 71
HOUSTON ASTROS: 69
NEW YORK YANKEES: 67
CLEVELAND INDIANS: 65
NEW YORK METS: 59
ST. LOUIS CARDINALS: 58
CHICAGO CUBS: 55
WASHINGTON NATIONALS/MONTREAL EXPOS: 53
TAMPA BAY RAYS: 52
TORONTO BLUE JAYS: 52
MILWAUKEE BREWERS: 51
OAKLAND ATHLETICS: 50
DETROIT TIGERS: 48
PITTSBURGH PIRATES: 48
KANSAS CITY ROYALS: 47
MINNESOTA TWINS: 47
PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES: 46
LOS ANGELES DODGERS: 45
BALTIMORE ORIOLES: 44
SAN DIEGO PADRES: 42
SEATTLE MARINERS: 41
COLORADO ROCKIES: 40
ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS: 39
CINCINNATI REDS: 39
MIAMI MARLINS: 39
CHICAGO WHITE SOX: 36
TEXAS RANGERS: 36
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS: 31
OTHER: 2

Boston remains on top even though the lead has shrunk.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a team collector, but I do know how you feel. I'd be angry too if I spent that much coin only to end up with Rays/Marlins/Rockies. To this day I consider the best product I ever opened to be 2008 Tri-Star Projections New York Prospects. Because it was literally just all Yankees prospects. FWIW there was also a Boston variant with ONLY Boston prospects, I'm sure you could use a product like that around now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that is a cold streak! I understand about that feeling of opening a pack and pulling something that fits in your collection. It's kind of like winning your own little version of the lottery!
    Don't give up. Your luck will turn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks. I seem to pull a fair amount of Red Sox, but I've had a similar cold streak in football. I hardly ever pull any Packers.

    I enjoy seeing break results by team. It's something I make note of in my head but rarely write down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be the guy saying stop buying packs. I’ve done Redsox master sets of all four of these. I’ll take the Bosox cards at whatever is the most affordable. Leaves more cash for my vintage purchases

    ReplyDelete