A lot of the following cards are relevant to some things going on with the team. So, I have some random thoughts.
Franklin Arias. Boston traded several prospects for Adley Rutschmann, as well as trading Marcelo Mayer. Some time last year, Arias became Boston's top prospect. He is still that and looks like a potential star. Unfortunately, Boston has had some difficulty with players taking the next step in the Majors lately. I expect Arias will be given the opportunity to win the starting shortstop job next Spring Training, or possibly a bit later in the year. Mayer is gone, but Trevor Story is still around.
1. Hunter Dobbins. Boston has traded a LOT of pitching away lately. Dobbins was sent to the Cardinals in the Willson Contreras deal, but they also traded Richard Fitts, Brandon Clarke, Blake Aita, Yhoiker Fajardo, Kyle Harrison, Kyson Witherspoon and Anthony Eyanson. They have been quite good at developing pitchers lately, but trading them all away is not the best way to handle those resources. Their top prospect list is becoming a lot more hitter-heavy than it has been the last couple years.
2. Marcelo Mayer. I have already talked about him a great deal. I don't have much to add right now.
1. Ceddanne Rafaela. He has been a lot of fun to watch lately. He crushed the Dodgers almost single-handedly last weekend during the three-game sweep, including crushing two homers (and nearly a third) off the great Yoshinobu Yamamoto.
2. Kristian Campbell. Campbell remains in the minors, but has improved a lot in the last month. He still has a chance to make it back to the Majors. I hope he does. Especially now.
3. Franklin Arias. Yep, two Arias cards in this post.
4. Ceddanne Rafaela. Yep, two Rafaela cards too. That is significantly less surprising.



No comments:
Post a Comment