Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Donruss Blaster Break

I have mentioned before my affinity for Panini brands.  The lack of a license is annoying, but I always do really well with Red Sox cards.  So, I jumped on the opportunity to grab a Donruss blaster.  I don't really understand how their agreement works anymore.  For a few years, iIt used to be they could not have cards of current Major Leaguers, they would do prospects and retired players.  Now, they seem to have some current Major Leagues in the sets, such as Aaron Judge.

1.  Roger Clemens.  One of these days, I still want to see Clemens make the Hall of Fame.  He was a first-round draft pick by the Red Sox.

2.  Carlton Fisk.  I learned something the other day.  I actually did not know that Fisk was a first-round draft pick and that he was the fourth overall pick.  I honestly thought he pre-dated the Draft.  That means Boston has drafted two players in the first round that made the Hall of Fame, along with Jim Rice.  If Clemens ever makes it, that would make three.

3.  Kristian Campbell.  Campbell has been playing much better in Worcester lately.  Perhaps he can make it back to the Majors some day yet.

4.  Payton Tolle.  Tolle has quickly become one of my favorite players.  He has been very good lately and has entered into the Rookie of the Year conversation, though I doubt he will win it.  Kevin McGonigle seems to have it locked up.

5.  Roman Anthony.  Hopefully Anthony will make it back for the stretch run.  Boston could use an offensive infusion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment